Autumn in Riotous Reds!

Yet again I've been toying with a plethora of titles for this painting, which is now finished! Yey …. the first in my new surroundings. Here it is …..



Autumn in Riotous Reds

I don’t know why but I'm struggling with finding titles and am always impressed at the catchy or succinct titles that other artists find, mine are either too long, too obvious or just meh! What selection did I have this time? Well there was ''Autumn Creeping in'', (it’s a creeping vine), Autumn Comes Creeping in, then there was Autumn Dons  Her Coat of Many Colours (too long) or just A Coat of Many Colours by this time my mind was a boggle and all thoughts of a super title were gone, so it came down to Autumn in Riotous Reds. Done, sorted! 
Playing a lot with complementary colours in this painting (the colours that are opposite one another on the colour wheel), here of course red and green. Complementary colours usually produce visually high impacting images and red and green especially make each other pop visually. Painting this really has been a visual riot!




I think this painting has been a bit of a reaction to the muted greys outside of my window but I have a feeling my next painting will be more muted and perhaps not quite as eye popping. Having done a lot of walking, I'll be stepping further away from my subject and maybe having a moody look at some of the fabulously twisted apple trees in my surroundings.
It’s so ironic that I was always certain I never wanted to be a landscape artist and yet my greatest source of inspiration is my surroundings. At the moment I'm still in sensory overload taking in the views and flora around about where I live. Beautiful but still new, I miss the days when I'd set off on my bike and know exactly where to head to to find a motif, here I'm still in search mode. 
This painting gave me a bit of a boost and certainly made my eyes pop, I hope you enjoy this red riot too! 


Comments

Popular Posts