If You’re in, Then the Others Are Out!

I remember the first time my Dad explained the rules of cricket to me ..... if you’re in then the others are out, OK sounds good, the rest of the rules were lots of ins and outs and this all was as confusing as the German government's rules for Lockdown. After reading another depressing morning's statistics one politician was calling for a stricter Lockdown. What? Have I missed something? Are we out but we can’t be, I'm in ......! No ballet since October (just at home), no restaurants since November, no shops since December (apart from essentials). I'm in, in splendid isolation ...... apart from now locking me in our loo, I can’t be more Locked down. Did I miss something? Was everybody else out and I was in? I would like to put my lack of comprehension down to my lack of a grip of the German language but having been here for 33 years and well able to read (and understand) Kafka, Goethe and Schiller in German, I don’t think my lack of comprehension is the problem here, hey Germany what is going on? Am I in or out? I would really appreciate some clarity, in or out that is the question! 
 Speaking of clarity we have have had two days of fab weather and although the trees are still bare, it was time to dive into some colour! 



And here we are, I'm plunging into a sea of water lilies taken from a summer photo from our local river the Hunte. My painting Autumn Bouquet was done in this format too, so I'd like a spring and winter version for a series, this is number 2 Summer Solitude. The panorama format is 26cm x 80cm and I've had to sneakily lengthen my drawing board with cardboard on the right. My mark making although spontaneous quite some pressure is involved so I need something to push against. 
Hoping to keep this soft turquoisey palette with pinks and maybe some splotches of purple. Here’s a bit of detail
Funny how eventually this all melds together, isn’t it? Let’s hope this whole situation finally melds together and that someone will let me know when I'm finally out, in cricket this of course isn’t a good thing, in this pandemic it would be great. If you’re in the UK, enjoy your freedom! 
 





Comments

Popular Posts