Let’s Go Shopping!

In Germany things are slowly opening (don't know for how long, we’re expecting the Third Wave!), the only shops I've seen over the past months are supermarkets ..... not my favourite at the best of times. While I was contemplating buying a new fineliner, I discovered that our local art supply shop had closed its doors forever and as you have to ''make appointments'' here to shop, I think that maybe a bit of overkill just for one pen, so I guess I'll have to struggle on for a wee bit longer. 
My fineliner was working perfectly here for this fruit and veg shop sketch ...... a lovely local ''shop'' in Rome! 



I'm always surprised that ''health and safety'' don’t forbid these partially built (in this case with a lot of cardboard and tarps) shops especially as this one sells not just fruit and veg but Italian specialities; in cooled display cases of course and seriously wonder how they are ''locked up'' at night. 
Not complaining because I enjoy perusing the wares; you find clothes shops, book shops and accessory stores like these and it’s lovely to hear the locals bargaining and chatting. In Germany where everything is regulated, stalls like this are probably only to be found at the local markets and certainly not on a main road in a major city. 
Isn’t it ironic that from being able to travel everywhere and buy everything, within the course of a year travel is off and the purchase of a pen has to involve making an appointment! 
Who would have thought it ...... well as long as I don’t have to make an appointment to buy fruit and veg, I suppose I'll survive. Of course, I could purchase my pen online but I have a sneaking suspicion that it wouldn’t stop at one pen, logical...... p&p just for a pen? Nope, there would have to be a tonne of pastels just to make it worth it, wouldn’t it? 



Comments

Popular Posts