That Was Then ……

That was then, this is now! Started this ages ago and forgot to post! That was then and this is now (and it isn’t wow!) 



And there we have it! The ageing process in a nutshell….. one day you are teetering along in strappy sandals and the next you are happy to let your feet spread out wide and comfy in a pair of Birkenstocks, all that lovely jewellery you so enjoyed buying and wearing becomes a pain, fiddly clasps, swelling fingers, naaa leave it in the box! 
To be fair, I never was one for hours of blow drying and applying make up but my mum always said I scrubbed up well! In the past it took 15 minutes to ''scrub up well'', any longer and I looked like I'd fought with my paintbox, now 2 hours with a Kärcher high pressure cleaner wouldn’t get me scrubbed up! Sigh, as for long hours blow drying your hair, well I lived on the west coast of Scotland where the wind whipped in from the sea, any ideas of walking around Troon sleek and styled were a non starter, pretty much the same as here in northern Germany, that’s why one of those telephone cable hair ties are the perfect solution! 
Big knickers, Birkenstocks, hair tie and a slick of Burt's Bees lip care (a lovely Chrissy pressie from my daughter) and you’re good to go …….. but perfume, that has remained! My first perfume, a bottle of Avon's Pretty Peach and I was hooked from about the age of 8! Regardless of age, size and weight, you can always slip into a gorgeous smell, it doesn’t pinch, squash or age! Lovely, that is wow! 







Comments

Popular Posts