Every Cloud's Got a Pink Lining!

Today I'm in the mood for pink so in my world every cloud's got a pink lining. Definitely need something to lift my mood  and there’s no better way than to break out the pink (or a G&T but it’s too early!) as I did in this wee cloudscape that sits in my studio. 
It’s so Watteau, Fragonard and fluffy romantic Rococo, it’s inspired me to try a ''new'' palette! 



So here we are kicking off …… yip that’s orange you can see there too! Alongside yellow not one of my faves but somehow I'm up for trying all those colours that are fairly unused in my pastel tray. I usually only resort to orange in Autumn but here we go in a sunset. Trying out a square format too which I haven’t done for a while! 



Have I had a traumatic experience with orange (if you haven’t read it, check out my post Mellow Yellow from 10 June, Dad's nightmarish yellow trews!) …. yip I have, and here we go and this time it’s about my mum!
We were invited to two weddings in one week in July, so we popped over to Scotland for a couple of weeks. Mum had had her outfits planned for about a year and had bought pale cream shoes to wear but felt as the weather had been bad that her legs and feet were a bit ''peely wally'' (pale) as they say in Scotland. We chatted about it and I suggested some fake tan, popped out and bought some. Now, I had never tried fake tan before so before we got started we had a wee G&T (or two) and then I started to apply the fake tan. 
I slathered this seemingly transparent liquid on mum's legs and waited an hour to check out the result! Things were looking no better after an hour and mum complained that nothing had happened, OK application number two, followed by an early night.
Next morning I heard mum shrieking in horror, her legs and feet had turned a vivid shade of orange, she was furious! I apologised but unfortunately I couldn’t stop laughing, which didn’t help, even her toenails were orange and stayed that way for 6 months. 
Sigh! Mum had to have an outfit rethink and I'd learned a valuable lesson, G&T and fake tan don’t mix! 











Comments

Popular Posts