A Home from Home!

Erratic posting yet again, bear with me the search for a house was finally successful and a move is on the cards. This place has become a home away from home over the last months, I seem to have popped by to sketch so often, Schloss Seehof reloaded. This lovely barock house would be perfect for me … love the fabulous colours, and that Cambridge blue door and that amazing crest. 



The house is part of the entrance suite of buildings, featuring a central gateway flanked on both sides by stunning buildings as you can see here 
in the background, the large shuttered building is the Orangerie where an amazing collection of  orange and lemon  trees are cultivated over winter, in the summer they are arranged on the lawn. 



Looking at the fabulous panorama, I'm glad I don’t have to give that a lick of paint! My Dad's first reaction on seeing Versailles (he was the gloss painter in our family!)  was to exclaim ''Look at all those windows, they need a coat of Dulux!''. 
My new home doesn’t have as many windows as Versailles but I will have to do some painting now and then before our move, so I've decided to blog on Wednesdays, as long as I still can, so thank you for your patience and look forward to seeing you next Wednesday! 

Comments

Popular Posts