Magic Shoes!

Had a few problems with our internet over the weekend and so I'm late (yet again!). I did free up some time to hit the easel this weekend and it was to create something for a very special friend who I will lose due to moving (if I ever find somewhere to live!). 


The Magic Shoes!


I met my lovely, thoughtful and adorable friend at ballet, which was a passion as a child and has been my saviour over the highs and lows of life for the last 8 years. It’s funny, people think that my art is a kind of  lifeboat  which keeps you afloat during the tsunamis of life, unfortunately just the opposite is the case, they are not called ''works of art'' for nothing, painting is work! When life chucks field fulls of lemons at me my creativity doesn’t make lemonade, it packs its bags and leaves! Ballet is my sanctuary, believe me when you are concentrating on keeping your shoulders down, your legs turned out, your arms rounded, your bottom tucked under, your chin up and your tummy pulled in (and there’s one hell of a lot of tummy to pull in) there is no space in your head for any kind of daily woes, and these ballet slippers certainly weave their magic; carrying us through some really difficult times, spreading laughter and enjoyment. 



Like Dorothy's red shoes, slip them on and feel the magic! Leaving my lovely friend and ballet group is a real blow, yes I will continue but it will never be the same, but at the same time I am so grateful for everything these shoes have given me ….. including the chance to wear these ……. a childhood dream come true at 50 and I hope my painting will be a reminder of all the joy we had when times get tough. 







Comments

Popular Posts