When Your Muse …….

Flies out of the window. My muse is very fickle, she takes a lot of talking to before she’s willing to start at the easel, she needs to listen to Kate Bush and she needs to clear her head of cleaning, hoovering, gardening and laundry before she’s in the zone! Muse and I got settled down to painting, yes we hit the easel and then, yep the telephone rang, my muse flew out of the window and all those dirty jobs popped into my head. This is where we’re at. 
It’s one of my winter underneath paintings… like the Andrew Wyeth quote that has turned into a theme …. what lies beneath the bones of winter that lie on the snowy surface. Well at least that’s what it should end up as if I manage to get any further. You also see the bad lighting in my studio too. 



In total contrast to the gloomy weather are these …. the first tulips, obviously not in the garden but they are a promise of spring to come. Today however winter has reappeared and we are sinking in snow, never mind these cheery blooms will help see me through at least a week and maybe my muse will find her way into the studio and we can carry on. 



Comments

Popular Posts