Taking the Rough With the Smooth

The title of this post is also the title of my latest pastel painting, "Taking the Rough With the Smooth", it's 55cm x 65cm, and I really had a ball with this one!

I could have worked on this forever, the trouble was trying to stop!

This year we decided to have a bit of a staycation, which really was the wrong decision if you look at the "summer" weather up here in the north. We bought a huge quick up pool, which takes about 5000 litres of water, thinking we could lounge about enjoying cocktails in our own garden! Since we installed it the average temperature has been about 18 degrees and it has poured with rain. We've been dashing out in between downpours to jump in. Today we are actually getting a few rays of sun, but we've got a gale force wind, so we'll have to forget the cocktail umbrellas in the drinks! On a positive note, I've got a huge surface area of water to inspire me. I think however my husband wouldn't be too happy about me chucking rocks in.

Here's some detail from the swirls of my painting, I'm off to slurp a cocktail (minus umbrella!) Cheers.

Comments

Popular Posts