A Touch of Autumn in Pastels

Finally got out to put in finishing touches and to photograph my latest painting. What with wind, rain and drizzle this week, the chances of working plein air are getting smaller! It's such a pity that we really didn't have a great summer and that pastels don't really like rain.


A Touch of Autumn
I am consoled by the fact (not) that the Christmas stuff is all in the shops and I bought a bottle of mulled wine and Christmas cookies; planned of course for a drizzly and driech Sunday afternoon, however the sun is shining!
Unfortunately  the pastel whites show up as just white, infact I seldom use white and these are from a set of Unison pastels "pales". They are pinks, blues, peaches, yellows and greens and are very subtle. Speaking of Unison pastels, I was thrilled that they featured two of my works in their online gallery! How great is that.

Comments

Popular Posts