The Grass is Always Greener ..

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence as the old saying goes! In my case it isn't my neighbour's grass that I was fascinated by, but his beautiful silver birch!



There it is in all its splendour. I decided to emphasise the long, slender tree by using this long, slender format! It also had another benefit, I could paint it from one of our windows and didn't have to freeze outdoors.

One of the things that is wonderful about painting, is you can "Photoshop" out details you don't like, here the greenhouse!
We have been having some beautiful sunrises and the first time the birch really caught my eye, it was with a beautiful mother of pearl sky in the background. All soft pinks, turquoises and lilacs, hence the hues in the painting. Looking out this morning, it would be quite a different painting, drippy grey, with a heavy grey sky and wet grey/black bark. So glad I captured it when I did!

Comments

Popular Posts