Yey! Bright and Breezy Bachelor's Buttons

As the heatwave continues, let’s cool down with some summery blues! Bright and Breezy Bachelor's Buttons is finished.



Bright and Breezy, Bachelor's Buttons 
65cm x 50cm 

I already talked about the 20 or more different names for cornflowers, and although I settled for Bachelor's Button, I still prefer gogglebuster or blue blobs, but in a title they’re not very poetic, are they? 
It is so hot here that the pastels ''melt'' in your hand becoming soggy and it’s almost impossible to get rid of the blue stains of your fingers! 



Ahhhh, Summer, trying to fight your way into some supposedly fat squishing swimsuit, funny isn’t it that although you know it’s coming, the shock of that first skirmish always remains. All those moments when you should have said no to that extra gin and tonic or piece of chocolate play before your mind’s eye, ''next year I'll be prepared'', “next year I’ll make an effort to be more lithe and lithesome”....... and then bam! The first sun rays are there and last year’s swimsuit still feels like being squashed into a sausage skin. 
Sorry Ashley Graham, all of this body positivity and love yourself as you are, doesn’t prepare you for that first peek at yourself in the mirror after a long winter ........ cottage cheese thighs and bum, luminous white volumes of ''curves'' that weren’t there last year and all that positivity melts like an ice cream in 36C, leaving only a blob of white fat. 
Fortunately, I haven’t had to venture much further than my plunge pool in the garden, only the bees have seen the lunar craters on my ''full moon'' so I can still pretend that I'm loving myself as I am, so where’s my G&T! Here’s to you Ashley, as long as I can stay in my garden, I am very body positive! 

Comments

Popular Posts