Busy as a Bee!

This year I got into the swing of things by sowing some ''bee'' friendly seeds and wow have I had a pile of visits from winged visitors! Far from having ''green fingers'' mine tend more usually to be brown, that is not to say that I don’t have loads of other plants but keeping them alive is more a battle than a pleasure. The bee meadow has been a delight, 2 days after they went into the earth, they re-emerged and I've spent ages watching honey bees and bumblebees zooming around! 



Not only have the bees popped in but we have had visits from dragonflies, butterflies, moths and swallows! 



The swallow unfortunately had a crash with a window pane but after a night in a homemade nest and some TLC from my hubby she set sail the next morning. This was her departure, I was amazed at the fabulous hues of her feathers. I also spent some time watching the butterflies who love my white lilac, even more than that they love the fermenting cherries on another tree! Unbelievably, they seemed to have enjoyed getting tipsy sipping on the ''cherry wine'' and kept coming back for more! 



Here is the bee corner in my garden, the begonias appeared out of nowhere but the bees loved them too! Winged visitors are more than welcome to buzz in, with one exception......... living in the country we have a lot of horseflies and their stings/bites really burn nastily, especially if you are (like me) allergic, having ended up at the docs loads of times in the past, I'm becoming more immune with the years, still in my garden there needs to be a sign ''Horseflies not welcome!” 

Comments

Popular Posts