Looking into Quentin Tarantino's Head!

Nothing much super artistic going on here as I've spent the last two days cutting my privet hedge by hand with a pair of garden shears (hmmmm Greta Thunberg, as it has been done for hundreds of years and without electricity!). The only positive thing about it really is the calories it uses up! 
Looking into Quentin Tarantino's head is something I really would like to do because I find the thoughts of creative people fascinating! At the weekend I went to the cinema (for the first time in about 7 years!) to see ''Once Upon a Time in Hollywood'' directed by Tarantino and featuring Leonardo DiCaprio and Brad Pitt. If you keep up with my blog you probably know that I'm not a great Brad fan (although his thighs in Troy certainly deserved an Oscar!) and I'm still waiting to see the results of all those heartbreaking hours in his buddy’s (Thomas Houseago) studio learning to sculpt. This is a bit of a spoiler, it seems that Brad and his mates not only freed the world of Hitler (Inglourious Basterds) but also saved the 60's actress Sharon Tate and her friends from a gruesome death at the hands of the Manson family! Go Brad ! Tarantino, how do you come up with these things? 



Sketching doesn’t always have to be serious and as I love to keep my tickets for events I popped them into my sketchbook and sketched my favourite part of the film! Mike Moh playing Bruce Lee, whatever you think of  Tarantino and I'm not really a big fan (too much violence for me) the dialogue is sometimes fabulous, this part had me in stitches. '

Bruce Lee to Cliff Booth (Brad Pitt, stuntman): 

''My hands are registered as lethal weapons, we get into a fight, I accidentally kill you, I go to jail'' 
Cliff's reply '' Anybody accidentally kills anybody in a fight they go to jail! 
It's called manslaughter!'' 

To be quite honest. I'm not sure that all the filmgoers laughing at Brad/Leo's bloody fight with the Manson family really knew who they were and Sharon Tate's terrible death at their hands and I found it a bit distasteful but  that’s good ol' Quentin for you! 
Then again maybe it’s better that we can’t see into each other’s heads, mine is full of expletives relating to hedge cutting and the non-possession of electrical hedge clippers. 

Comments

Popular Posts