Here Comes the Rain Again!

It chucked down this morning but after the sun came out I couldn’t resist setting out to sketch. Ignoring the build ups of dark clouds hovering on the horizon I decided to follow my heart rather than my head, big mistake! 



Got stuck into sketching a lovely watermill built in 1705 (although the site had had a mill on it long before this building). Splashing the paint around felt great until the heavens opened and the deluge descended on me. Being optimistic, I soldiered on but nope the page got soggy and my watercolour started to spread uncontrollably all over the page. Not sure the splodgy, splotchy look is really me! However onward and upwards! 



A lovely lady came out and offered to get me a towel but to be honest I was soaked through and was dabbing at my soggy sketchbook with an even soggier piece of kitchen roll. Just as frustration started to get the better of me the sun came back out! Quick move to get my sodden kit dry and then with ominous looking black clouds behind me I headed for home.
My sketch was saveable but nothing like as lovely as the mill itself but I prefer it when it’s dry and look at that amazing blue sky. Pity it didn’t stay like that! 








Comments

Popular Posts