Milk Round!

Up here in the north we have lots of cows grazing on the wet and juicy grass, producing lots of lovely milk and while out cycling you often see them munching away. In the '50's somebody came up with the idea of providing milk refreshments to cyclists on bike tours in little ''melkhuus'', little milk huts. We actually had one in our village too aber due to Corona it hasn’t opened this year but this is what it looked like and will be the inspiration for a sketchbook page about milk! 


Unfortunately, I've never liked milk not even as a baby, so the thought of glugging on luke warm milk after a hefty bike tour is for me a major turn-off, I'm with the Bavarians on this one, a cool refreshing beer in a shady beer garden, but each to his own. 
Typical cows here are black and white Fresians which give tonnes of milk ....... 



The page as it develops is turning into a little page of milk ''horrors'', I love cheese, butter, chocolate and latte but a glass of milk NOPE! The little pat of butter reminds me of a trip with the Brownies when I was 8, my mum gave me a Tupperware container with milk to drink on the trip (still don't understand why she knew I hated it!) we wandered around Edinburgh Zoo all day, it was hot and I didn’t want to drink my yucky milk but thirst finally got the better of me. I popped the lid off my Tupperware beaker and hey presto, my milk had turned into butter. Watery whey with a clump of golden butter, yummy! 



Comments

Popular Posts