Beachtime Blues!

Since I took my first flight at a couple of weeks I've loved travelling and so this year has been a bit of a disaster. When I say travelling it really doesn’t have to be far away or even another country, I get excited about visiting local towns that I've never seen! One thing I won’t be seeing this summer is the sea ...... so I've got the beachtime blues! Come on let’s go paddling!



Beachtime Blues! 

I usually sit staring at the the sea for hours however the sea hasn’t always been good to me! On hols in the Seychelles on a fabulous long stretch of white sand I wanted to exit the waves after a cooling dip. My days of being a beach babe were long behind me and in front of me a deep layer of shale and pebbles! Concentrating hard on breathing in enough to make my exit, my legs sunk into the shale up to my knees, while breathing in and trying to pull my legs out a huge wave crashed over me and left me rolling along the shore like a blubbery sea cow. Have you ever tried to cover your over- exposed and over-generous assets while being thrashed by relentless waves? ......it's not a pretty sight. Never been so glad to hit the sand and grab my beach towel in my life, fortunately our hotel was full of elderly businessmen and their very youthful ''secretaries'' who had much better things to do than watch middle-aged me make a full prat of myself!
Two years ago in the Maldives it was someone else’s turn ...... a young couple on honeymoon! She was giving her best Instagram sexy poses .... he was snapping away on his iPad. Unfortunately, this was the wild side of the island with unpredictable surf. It was not the best place to decide to lie on the shoreline in lascivious poses and whoosh the tide came in, major wave, lots of rolling, face plant and a sandy breadcrumb finish. 
It would have taken a saint not to laugh and I'm no saint ...... yep I laughed, sweet! I'm not the only one who makes a complete pillock of themselves and do the beachside roll. 



Comments

Popular Posts