On Our Milk Round!

So we've finished our milk round page and here it is, more milky traumas! 



Having been inspired by our milk huts on cycle roots this page turned into a finding closure with milk trauma page ........, cheese, milk chocolate and milky coffee yey .... a cold glass of milk, nay! I came from a generation who was forced to drink ''school milk'', luke warm and slimy in summer or frozen in its bottle (top left!) when it thawed beside the heating, the milk had separated or curdled. 
The expression ''no use crying over spilt milk'' just wouldn’t do for me, spilled gin or wine would certainly be a reason to cry. 



Bicycles are part of life here around Oldenburg, I think we’re second only to Münster as ''bike city'', it really is so flat here that cycling is a pleasure, even when others zoom past on their e-bikes and I'm pumping away on my vintage racing bike (that now only has one gear!). I've got used to smirking senior citizens overtaking me and looking smug. 
That blue jug is Ammerländer pottery, when I was moseying around the shops in Glasgow with exactly such a jug in my hand, I never thought that I would ever live anywhere else than the UK and certainly never in Ammerland, life sometimes takes a crazy turn, doesn’t it? 

Comments

Popular Posts