Welcome to your New Home!

Welcome to your new home ………! Now that is some entrance, isn’t it? Unfortunately, it isn’t mine but hey, an old gal can still dream. Actually, I was wanting to welcome my pastels to their new home after a 600km trip …unpacked and ready for action.




And here they are …..



Do they look as if they are raring to go? Hmmm, not so sure and even worse my easel although unpacked is empty, a situation I try to avoid at all costs.  I'm still trying to get used to my new studio and figure out where’s the best position to paint. Again I'm dealing with tricky light and a studio which is smaller than my old one, my ballet barre and sofa have been allotted a room of their own which is nice and my studio has a wee balcony looking out at my walnut tree which is producing tonnes of nuts. I wish I could say the same about my productivity as an artist. First things first, I have to do a recce of my new home town and check out the vineyards for motifs, if nothing artistic comes out of my expeditions, at least I have enough wine to drown my sorrows! 







Comments

Popular Posts