The Golden Path

The Golden Path, phew! Finally got it finished. 



The Golden Path

To be honest, after 3 months away from my pastels, I really considered stopping painting altogether. Did I miss it, no! Diddling around in my sketchbook, my head full of house hunting, removals and a new start had really taken the edge off my desire to paint. Even as I unpacked my pastel sticks, I didn’t feel an adrenaline rush. Normally, if I come back from a trip or a break I can’t wait to get going. This time it was like, naaah, can’t be bothered.
Then I decided to unpack my paintings and search for my ''last man standing'' before the move, found it and let it lie around about. Still dithering, I popped it onto the easel and picked up a pastel, wow it felt good ….. and just like magic my fingers and thoughts started to fly, the stress of the last year was blended out and the strokes kept coming. Before I knew where I was, it was time to sign ….. and done, sorted. 


I'm not sure the photo picks up the colours that well, so here’s a closer peek, and here we are on the easel!



First painting completed in my new studio…… hopefully one of many more to come. Artist's blocks and lack of motivation will always crop up, the most important thing is to push on through ……… maybe there will come a day when my passion for pastels packs its bags and leaves but it isn’t today! 




Comments

Popular Posts