Seen One Half- Timbered House …….!

Having done a first recce I discovered I'm living in a vineyard village with typical Franconian Half-timbered houses; a fabulous panoply of amazing buildings, the oldest I've spotted being from 1510. For someone who loves history as much as I do, it’s amazing and mindboggling! 1510 saw Henry VIII on the English throne for one year! 


This is just one of the fabulous historical houses, typical for Franconia, the houses have a gated courtyard, usually flagged with outhouses but without a garden. Flowers or plants are usually potted, although the occasional flowerbed or herb garden can be seen, usually the gates are closed so you only get a sneak peek now and again. 
As for ''when you've seen one half-timbered building you've seen them all!'', no way, the variety of patterns is amazing. 






Unfortunately one of the problems of the narrow streets is getting far enough away to take photos! 
There are a couple more stunners I'd love to snap for inspiration but I'll save them for another day. 

Comments

Popular Posts