Soft, Like Rain on Thistledown!

I can’t believe that I got this old/new painting done so quickly and here it is taaaadaaaaa! 



Soft, Like Rain on Thistledown 

So not only was this an experiment but it is also a very low key painting for me and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience! Must rummage around to see which other paintings of mine can be given new life. 
Unusual as it was for me to work on a pastel underpainting it felt like a voyage of discovery, finding my softer side, without too much compromise (if any) on the mark making side. Even though I had a pastel layer underneath, I was able to get depth and darkness where I wanted to and, the softness of the strokes onto the underground were very pleasurable. Nothing lost but a lot gained! 
Where do we go from here? Good question and it remains to be answered ….who knows! 



As for thistledown …. I love it but what else would you expect from a Scot. 

Comments

Popular Posts