Rosé, Anyone?

Rosé, Anyone? Yes, my painting with vineyards, Globe thistles and fruit trees is finished and yes, I'm still feeling a bit of ambivalence towards it! 




Rosé, Anyone? 

Light, summery and it’s got everything that I wanted in it but I'm still not sure about it, it probably reflects the fact that I still don’t really feel '' at home here''! 
I decided just for fun to crop the finished painting to see if a square format would improve things but nope, it doesn’t. Take a peek …..



The more I look at this painting the more positive things I see that I think worked, the heatwave here has left all the grasses looking parched, I like the light dry, airy palette. The Globe thistles weren’t supposed to be the focus here, and maybe that is bothering me because I really like them as plants, so maybe I need to do another painting where they ''command attention'' as the Daily Mail would put it. 
Reading the Daily Mail occasionally is one of my guilty pleasures, especially the ''journalist'' who describes Celebs styling, my pleasure is in the belief that it is very tongue in cheek. You couldn’t write all that sycophantic crap and seriously mean it, could you? 
So called stars, most of whom I have never heard of, with names like Binki, Brea, Jewel or whatever, ‚ flaunting their ''assets'' (are they perhaps waving their bank statements), their caramel tresses styled in a natural wave, going  make up free (2 tonnes of slap rather than 20 tonnes) and commanding attention whatever they do. If they have split up from their partners you always get the kit off photos and then the following piece of journalistic brilliance …… Binki brainless showing her ex just what he’s missing ……. Not! He/she/they/them (have I covered all the pronouns?) has already seen all of it, personally and if not then plastered all over Instagram. 
Today's Daily Mail delighted with Britney Spears/ ex husband and new husband in an Instagram spat over who did what to whom. I actually cannot believe that adults have to argue over a social media platform with their followers acting like cheerleaders or judge and jury and then if someone posts a negative comment, then you get all the crap about Britney ''hitting back at trolls'', or some other star jumping in to support her. I am so glad that social media wasn’t a thing when I was young, it’s a cruel world for the young and impressionable. Online bullying is awful no question but sometimes you have to question what people post. You may find yourself exceedingly scrumptious but regardless of size, talent and looks, you won’t be everybody’s cup of tea. Yes, everybody's body is a beach body but I am also aware of the fast that photos of myself, squashed in (or hanging out) of my swimwear will not delight everybody (or anybody for that matter) and so I don’t post them (or let any be taken). As my mum would have said '' If you can’t take the heat, get out of the kitchen'', from my point of view don’t even enter the kitchen. 
At this point I realise that I am indeed past it, a grumpy old lady. Maybe I need do give up my quick Daily Mail fix, yes the Binkies, Blac Chinas, Breas and Britneys have won and I should stick to the Rosé! 

Comments

Popular Posts