Welcome COVID 19!

We thought we had dodged it and successfully but no Corona came calling! Both my husband and I have had 4 jabs and still one of us has Corona and the other (me!) has a kind of pseudo Corona ….. all the symptoms but testing negative and feeling like I've been thrown under a bus. Maybe we should have taken the time to think about the hereafter but it’s just one of those things you try to ignore. Johann Philipp von Schönborn and his whatever Friedrich Carl von Schönborn had a good think about their immortal soul and built (not themselves of course) the Schönbornkapelle in Würzburg, so famous it appeared on German banknotes and here it is! 



It is a beauty, if oddly placed at the apse of the cathedral to the right/left depending on your standpoint. I'll be honest I wouldn’t mind lying here and looking at the fabulous architectural details! I could be happy here if only I could take my sketchbook with me ….. eternity is a long time! This is the less inspirational Würzburg cathedral, inside its lovely but outside no comparison to Mr Schönborn's wee mausoleum! Feeling a bit envious, so let’s see if I make the weekend after that I'll have to take the thoughts about my final resting place. I'll be honest, the Schönbornkapelle is just my thing! 




 

Comments

Popular Posts