The Door to Nowhere!

There's nothing like dragging a big pile of art equipment with you on holiday and doing virtually nothing with it! As a result my holiday sketching kit that I showed in a post a couple of weeks ago is really now the bare minimum, however in the past things were a little different, especially on my Italian trips by car! In a fit of madness I envisioned myself doing huge watercolour sketches of the sights of Sardinia and Tuscany .......... reality bites when you discover that you have to park the car miles away from where you want to paint/sit on the beach and that in the wind a watercolour pad that is 80cm x 100cm is difficult to lug and keep under control. In the wind it becomes a weapon of mass destruction, so the only painting I did was in the garden of our stunning B&B and even that didn't get finished! Sans easel I discovered the weight of the pad was crushing while holding it on my knie. So here it is, the door to nowhere ......!
It was a stunning Sardinian carved and painted door, set in a garden wall and it actually led onto a deck with a jacuzzi and a spectacular view across the bay, as a half-finished painting it went nowhere, pity really because I actually quite like it!

Comments

Popular Posts