Meet and Greet in my Studio

Yey, this Sunday I had a meet and greet in my studio! Apart from welcoming clients, I've never had a group come to visit me. The idea is great; every year 3 local artists studios are chosen and a tour group pops by by bike, stays for about an hour and then cycles off to the next studio. I was thrilled to be selected as the only painter but a bit daunted when I found at that it was a group of 14. Although my studio isn’t tiny, I had to set up in my kitchen and living room too! 



So here we are in the kitchen with a bit of  ''Urban sketching'' on the one side and on the other a selection of sketchbooks for perusal. I really hummed and hawed at the idea of showing sketchbooks because they really are very private, however I decided to show them because they really are the starting point for all of my work. Then I planned to move on to my actual studio, where I showed my pastels (all cleaned up!) and my supports and a wee progression of a wave painting. 



Finally, off to the living room where I had put some finished and framed work, unfortunately the light isn't too great in there but I have enough space there. 



I was really nervous but had a great hour, being a very private person I never thought I could say so much about my work. My guests asked fascinating questions, loved mooching through my sketches and enjoyed finding out about pastel painting which really isn't so well known here. For me it was lovely to talk to such friendly and open art enthusiasts, I felt a bit like a rock star! 
Thank you very much to the lovely group, hope to welcome some of you here again, and if you ever feel like popping by, a quick phone call or use my contact formula or my mail address kerry@kerrynowakfineart.com
Love to welcome you here, after all I've had some practice now and I can squash 14 into my studio, that’s official. 

Comments

Popular Posts