An Autumn Walk!

Before Autumn leaves us for Winter it’s time for an Autumn walk. 



Aren't those sumptuous coppery Autumn hues fabulous! Crisp crunchy leaves, red toadstools, warm woollies and wellies! When the Autumn rain sets in it’s always time to give my 25 year old wellies there annual test to see if they're still waterproof. 

Yep, done, sorted! No wet feet this year, what a relief! I do love splashing through deep puddles when nobody's looking. 
My sketchbook page is done in pencil, watercolour, pencil and watercolour pencil, starting point was the pumpkin top left. The cockerel was one of a gang of very spectacular looking hens and cockerels that were on a walk from a local farm and didn't even budge as I strolled by. 



Not sure if the Latin is completely correct but I like that kind of Darwin Diary look, however hard I try though calligraphy is just not my forte. I was amazed to find schools here teaching the children copperplate with fountain pens even today. 
Autumn is such a bombastic collection of ripe and warm hues, that sometimes it hurts your eyes and then slips into the monochrome shades of winter. As far as I'm concerned bring it on, my wellies have passed their MOT! 

Comments

Popular Posts