Sun, Sea, Sand...... Wish I was There!

This morning I woke up to snow, Oman seems months ago and even the tulips in my garden were shivering! Time for a beach sketch! 



Beach sketching was hot work and here I tried to do without fineliner/finepen, sticking only to pencil and watercolour. The vast expanse of sand and the waves rolling in will definitely end up as a pastel painting. Considering I took about 150 photos of the waves and beach, there are probably a lot of beach paintings on the way. 


I love the contrast between the nearly white sand and the pale blues of the sea and the curves of the water line a little holiday for on the wall! 
In an attempt to recapture the exotic atmosphere of Oman, I've got my Aladdin shoes on, we've lit our Frankincense burner and I've got Sting's Desert Rose playing on the home pod in repeat mode, unfortunately to no avail. Oldenburg is not Oman and there is a vast difference between 32 C and 7 C, oh for a magic carpet! 





Comments

Popular Posts