One Horse Open Sleigh!

The weather up here has been so wintery these last two weeks that I've been singing Christmas songs and the best method of transport up here would be one of these! A one swan open sleigh .... isn’t it fabulous? I saw it on a visit to the Germanic National Museum in Nuremberg, I can see me whizzing through the frozen landscape in one of these.



Having taken enough icy photos, time to use the inspiration and head for the easel .......! Having used a very natural palette the last couple of paintings, I want to try for something a little more unusual.  Cool lilacs and greens to achieve an icy feel. In my original photo the sun is peeking through on the right, here I've moved it to left of centre as it appears in another of my references but, fickle as I am it’s back to the right! 



Decisions, decisions, I've just noticed the greens on the sleigh photo are very much along the lines of those that I would like to use in my painting! What a coincidence, and now a sneak peek at one of my icy references! Brrrrrrrrh, chilly isn’t it? 





Comments

Popular Posts