And the Oscar for the Best Plitterer Goes to ……!

If there was an Oscar for plittering, it would go to me! Call it plittering, pfaffing or procrastinating, I am definitely  up front with the best! To be honest it just isn’t me personally, 2022 just keeps throwing banana skins in my way! This week it was workmen repairing damaged tiles after our burst pipe and yesterday I got my Covid booster and 'flu jab! Big double whammy ….. today I feel like I have been thrown under a bus, so I'm keeping it short! 



Slow progress but I am gettIng there (the photo is a bit dark because a) bad light in my studio and b) we've had nothing but grey days here for weeks!). 
I like to take photos of my work in progress because it helps me to step back from the easel and view my work as a painting and not a living, breathing entity on the easel. Taking a critical look, I would say the tree line in the background is too dramatic as my focus really wants to be on the icy fronds and plants in the foreground so I'm going to have to tone down the tree line. That said the ''busy'' stubble will help there a little, so time to get some more stubble in and then all the stalks and frosted lace of the plants that fascinated me in the first place and then finito! But that is for another day …. Unless life gets in the way again. 


Comments

Popular Posts