Rhythm and Icy Blues!

What a difference a couple of days make …… on Sunday I was crying about this one and now …. Boom! 
Rhythm and Icy Blues is complete! 



Rhythm and Icy Blues 

The swoosh of those frosty plumes and that gold peeping through; a little bit like a fight between Autumn and Winter. Golden stubble with a light frosting of ice, maybe the smell of oncoming snow in the air and we are slipping into the wintery months where golden hues and light is seldom seen.
I like to give you a closer look at all the layers that go into my paintings and so here we are!




And you know what ….. I really like this cropped part as a painting itself. Maybe have to have a couple of thoughts about working on something like this, my problem is always when a small piece of support is on the easel my usual loose mark making starts to get all tight and finicky, I suppose the alternative is a close up large scale. Food for thought indeed.
As the weather was dry, I popped out into my garden and did some dirty jobs, as we moved here in September I really don’t know what to expect ….. and here was the first Spring surprise, and it’s yellow too ….. a wee bit like my painting! 







Comments

Popular Posts