A Little Bit of Nostalgia!

I'm an itinerant, a traveller, a restless soul with itchy feet ….. the beautiful half-timbered buildings of Bavaria are fabulous but when your heart yearns for distant shores and holiday nostalgia sets in, it’s time to think about getting away maybe! After three years holiday abstinence even the thought of entering an airport terminal seems a million years away and nearly an impossible dream.



This sketch of a local hotel is romantic and nostalgic (even when not quite finished) it just isn’t enough to satisfy my hungry eyes. What I need is something more like this!



Oooh, I can feel that breeze and smell the salt air, the rhythm of the breaking waves are like a heartbeat. I could just stare and listen for hours. Water is my element, yes indeed I've been falling in for years. I've fallen in streams, swimming pools, harbours and lakes, and fallen in love with the feeling of being enveloped in water.
Last summer I managed to go swimming for the first time in two years and I couldn’t believe that feeling of being wrapped in silky fluidity. If I close my eyes, I can conjure it up now, amazing! 
I haven’t been able to paint the sea for years because I haven’t been able to see, hear and feel it maybe this summer it’s time to reconnect with my element….. time to fall in water and hopefully somewhere exotic. 
Today is Mother’s Day in Germany and in the US I think, wherever you are, have a fabulous Mother’s Day, I'd love to be spending mine on that beach …… but I think I'll have to make do with the nostalgic memories of travel to exotic places where falling into the harbour is much more fun than in the chilly waters of my hometown in Scotland. 


Comments

Popular Posts