Welcome 2023!

Welcome 2023! I wonder what you’ve got up your sleeve for us ….. I hope that the New Year brings you everything that you wish for, for yourself and your loved ones. Due to copious amounts of shopping, cooking and celebrating, art has come to a complete stand still so here is a wee wintery scene from last year. 



I love how grasses and plants look in winter, the colours muted and usually very subtle. There is a fabulous quote from the painter Andrew Wyeth about painting in Autumn and Winter ……
''I prefer winter and fall, when you can feel the bone structure in the landscape ……. the loneliness of it  …… the dead feeling of it. Something waits beneath it …… the whole story doesn’t show.''
Andrew Wyeth.

Whereas I think as a painter Autumn, especially early Autumn can be overwhelming, I do love that pared back look of Winter …. Just take a peek, now that is some inspiration for 2023! Let’s make it a good one. 





Comments

Popular Posts