Icy Perfection!

Little time for artistic endeavour during a two week Christmas break in Bamberg amongst Christmas, wedding anniversary and New Year celebrations but still time to take some inspiring photos. 



Charles Rennie Mackintosh is one of my favourite artists, although known for his fabulous architecture and furniture he was also a fabulous watercolourist and this aphorism  by JD Sedding (an ecclesiastical architect and an influential figure in the art and crafts movement) became the motto for Mackintosh’s artistic work ... 

''There is hope in honest error,
none in the icy perfection of a mere stylist'' 
 
If I'm honest, this photo says everything about the perfection of nature and although I will give some of my frosty photos a go as paintings, that is the ultimate icy perfection! 
My so-called last man standing on the easel from 2019 is an icy landscape but nothing in comparison with the perfect paintings nature creates! 





Comments

Popular Posts