My Cup Runneth Over!

My cup or rather cups runneth over ...... more about that later! First let’s take a peek at my ''posh'' sketchbook page in a Stillman &Birn sketchbook. I started this project a couple of  years ago, although I always sketch on holiday my sketches are usually limited by time and so I like to record my travels in more detail in this sketchbook. Here we are in Thailand! 



Done in watercolour, watercolour pencils and fineliner I think it really has captured the colour and atmosphere of my trip. 
And now more about the cup or should I say cups! January 2020 is still in its infancy and I have already made some New Year's Resolutions for 2021 (my Mum who always started her Christmas organisation in January would be very proud). My first resolution is never to look at old photos of myself, having done this over the festive period I realised that I am not half the woman I used to be but more like one and a half of my former self. Secondly I realised that if I were a dog, I would be a pug; squishy face and lots of spare tyres around the middle (not helped by delicious Franconian food at lots of restaurants over Christmas!). So no more old photos because they lead to resolution number 2… never buy a new bra in January. 




Buying bras has been the bane of my over- endowed life since I left the UK, Germany obviously didn’t have the necessity or the technology to create bras for those whose cups are overflowing. Over the last year things had improved a little but then gravity set in; my once perky gals are moving down south. Over Christmas my underwire popped its cork leading to the decision to seek a new bra in the sales, this was a boob if you'll pardon the pun. 
Walking past all those little soft ,'bralets'' (wisps of nothingness, held together by dental floss) I reached the selection of more robust models, picking up a handful of what I thought would do, I headed for the changing rooms. There is nothing lovely about your pug body, half naked from the waist up with a lot of muffin top hanging over the waistband of your trousers staring back at you from the mirror;  it started to dawn on me that this was a big mistake. 
30 minutes later, after lots of huffing and puffing, I had gone through the ''low slung'' to the ''highly strung'', soggy sacks, flabby backs and cups that were more than just running over. The only bra that sort of contained my assets was a Miss Piggy, sweetie pink job with puce lace and made me look like a big bonbon. Time to capitulate! 
A change of shop was called for, unfortunately things didn’t get any better, the choice was between  models that cost the price of a Victoria's Secret ''Fantasy Bra'' (that’s the one always made of diamonds and precious stones ... unfortunately De Beers don’t produce enough diamonds to cover my assets) or the dreaded ''Minimiser''..... a type of bra I have successfully avoided for years!
 Here I was finally having to bite the bullet and buy one of those horrendous creations made of shiny tan (who ever decided that high shine, soggy stretchy satin cups held together by a central plank of wood was the thing to squash your dĂ©colletage into?) when everything in me screamed NO ...... not with me, I'm not that desperate. 
Sooo and there we have it, I'll be braless in 2020 and have a New Year’s Resolution for 2021.

Comments

Popular Posts