On the Rocks

Bob's your uncle! It's finished ....... On the Rocks! 



On the Rocks!

Just loving that zingy blue that I used on the rocks, I actually messed around with filters on my reference and this idea popped up, the photo itself was from my holiday in Thailand. Although I live about 50 miles away from the North Sea, finding waves to take pictures of here is tricky. Firstly, we have virtually only mud flats and secondly every time I drive up there the tide is out and if you are lucky enough you may just see a small strip of sea on the horizon. Soooo, my hols are spent taking hundreds of photos as references and that this year looks iffy! 



Don’t usually let you have a peek at my references but this is the one I used for this painting, look at those fabulous blue rocks. There are no prizes for painting exactly what you see in a photo, unless of course you are into photorealism, which I'm not! The ''perfect reference'' photo definitely happens very seldom, so I like playing around with my photos, changing colours or cropping. No spectacular app, just those on my phone (hmmmm maybe time for something more sophisticated!) and suddenly inspiration pops up from what was actually a pretty boring photo! 

Comments

Popular Posts