It's Better in the Bahamas!

''It’s better in the Bahama's!'' really loved this ad slogan and I'm sure it’s true but hey ''Covid summer''  has put a stop to any exotic plans, with a bit of cropping/photoshop however, this could be any exotic destination not my plunge pool in the back garden! 



This will feature in a sketchbook page all about summer 2020, the start was Mr&Mrs Magpie and this sketch of my pool. 




As a nomad with very ''itchy'' feet, I'm trying to find some positive aspects in staycationing, and I have indeed found at least one major one ........ the walk of shame!
That horrible moment when you are way past your sell-by-date, your pool posing days lay somewhere in the dim and distant past and you are sooo warm that you need to take a cooling dip in the pool/sea .... getting up from your lounger (also a problem) and trying to hold in your tummy (and all those other excessive pounds) on the way to the pool, the horrible ''holiday walk of shame!''. 
 I can let everything hang out, wobble.......my cellulite can breathe, enjoy the sun, fabulous! The fridge for cooling drinks is not far away and no need to pop on a cover up, no horrifying bar bills, the loo is near at hand and at the moment we've got the weather to go with it, amazing for Northern Germany! 
Taking everything into consideration, I'm still convinced ''It’s better in the Bahamas!'', never been but last year we had a lucky escape ........ searching for last minute destinations we nearly booked the Bahamas, the fortnight of hurricane Dorian. Well, I suppose that’s another advantage of staying at home, chances of being caught in a hurricane are really minimal. 

Comments

Popular Posts