Autumn's Creeping in!

Chillier nights are creeping in and officially Autumn is with us. The thought of hanging my summer dresses away isn’t pleasant but it is what it is. On the arty side it’s slowly becoming time to get out the russety hues of the season, so to get in the mood! 



Panorama format is one of my favourites, I like to play with different formats which help keep you on your toes compositionally and to help me I've been playing with the panoramic feature on my phone, sometimes with interesting results. Here’s the direction I'm thinking in for a new painting ....... keeping with the greens as the trees are just starting to change colour.



I've struggled this year to keep inspired by the landscape around me, I feel a little like it has lost its innocence; everything’s askew, so maybe I'm searching in hidden places for a kind of hermitage, a sanctuary away from the real world with all of its issues. Moving into sheltered darkness, allowing me to peek out from the safety of a hidden place. 
Looking for secure shadows is a complete contrast to the openness of my Autumn landscape, I loved the vast flatness of the country surrounding me but for now it’s time to creep into the shadows and observe what’s going on from a ''safe'' distance, observing the great adventure that this autumn will be! 






Comments

Popular Posts