My Happy Place!

The sun will come out tomorrow …..! Nope, today or rather yesterday and I felt that I really was in my happy place for the first time in ages. In Germany, our COVID-19 figures are down and we can start mooching around outdoors without masks and sketching in the sunshine is so lovely! 



Here we are at Schloss Seehof where I often sketch, I love its Baroque/Rococo vibe and that yellow is really a challenge for someone who doesn’t often reach for yellows. 
Sketching outside tends to bump me into quick starts, that’s OK for me when I draw facades front on but lately I really have wanted to get back into some nifty perspective! So this time I sat down had had a good look at the architecture; banged in my horizon and thought about my vanishing points and the lines of the roof, tops of windows and doors. A slow, reflective start, leading hopefully to less bumps and skewed perspective, take a peek!



Then it was time to get stuck in ….. people were so glad to be out and about that I had a couple of lovely (socially distanced) conversations and when the odd rain clouds passed, I managed to hide under some amazing trees that form a maze in the Baroque garden! Now when this isn’t symbolic of light at the end of tunnel I don’t know what is! 
For those of you who like to know how long my sketch took, I think about 2 hours (with a slight meltdown because I knocked over my water pot while running for shelter in the rain and wasn’t sure I still had enough). This was long for me as my concentration has gone to pot but faced with lovely weather, a spectacular view and some very friendly and motivating people the time flew and I was truly in my happy place! 




Comments

Popular Posts