The Lake of Innisfree

I've always been a fan of poetry and as a ''canny'' Scot not a fan of empty sketchbook pages, and while completing this page a poem resonated in my head! 
This old builder's hut really struck a chord with the 9 year old me and I suppose it conjured up a place where you could escape your troubles and find peace of mind. I had decided to add the animals that I saw while sketching (animals, defo not my thing!) and left a little space for The Lake of Innisfree, which I read at school. 




I WILL arise and go now, and go to Innisfree,  
And a small cabin build there, of clay and wattles made;  
Nine bean rows will I have there, a hive for the honey bee,  
      And live alone in the bee-loud glade.  
  
And I shall have some peace there, for peace comes dropping slow,          
Dropping from the veils of the morning to where the cricket sings;  
There midnight's all a glimmer, and noon a purple glow,  
      And evening full of the linnet's wings.  
  
I will arise and go now, for always night and day  
I hear lake water lapping with low sounds by the shore; 
While I stand on the roadway, or on the pavements gray,  
      I hear it in the deep heart's core.

WB Yeats 
Isn’t that just lovely, I can just feel the peace! 




Comments

Popular Posts