The Fickle Artist …..

Artists are often accused of being fickle, flighty, tempestuous and change their mind constantly, none of these characteristics can be associated with me! Meet my latest painting,



Still Winter in my Heart.

When I was younger, I loved the short summers so typical of Scotland, precious because they often were only a couple of balmy days, and hated the dreich, drippy wet days of winter. Now, I'm not so sure …… Winter brings the beauty of a muted palette and trees that look as if they come straight out of a Horst Janssen drawing. While this painting was in its final throes and I was wallowing in leached  reeds, I went out rambling and bang some Spring weather had started to let blossom pop up like popcorn, where did that come from? 
Funny, every year is the same, sometimes those bare branches seem to have been there for donks and the next day, boom everywhere is verdant, we go from gloomy to bloomy and I'm torn. 
If you’re one of my long suffering readers you know of my fear of green, which I must admit I have tackled over the last 2 years but still my system goes into shock. How the hell did that happen and why now while I'm still wallowing in the bare branches of winter, especially when I'm trying to get to grips with my new environment. Nature’s relentless and I am fickle …… this morning we've got dreich, drizzly weather and I am yearning for COLOUR! 
Sod winter, forget all those melancholy twisted branches, I want some colour in my life. The artistic equivalent of a fluffy bunny, soft, fluffy and hoppy, springing about in a field of springy hues, something like this.



OK, so it’s not full on colour but it’s a gentle start and to be honest I've used so much green over the last two years I'm going to have to order some new supplies. As for fluffy rabbits the only thing that’s moving around my garden at the moment is copulating toads, they've been at it for days. They are obviously ecstatic that Spring has sprung, me well I'm too busy being fickle …. My heat is still in winter but my mind is definitely working on some colour, let’s see who wins! 





Comments

Popular Posts