If I Knew You Were Coming ......

If I knew you were coming, I'd have baked a cake! First, let me apologise for no post on Sunday, technical glitches all round. But to make up for it I've finished my Lemon Cake sketchbook page with my lemon cake recipe included! 



Take one sketchbook, a tablespoon of pencil, a dash of watercolour and add fine liner, bake for 20 mins at 180 degrees and what do you get ........ a yummy sketchbook page without the calories! In the background and in my sketch you can see my blue and white striped pinny, the start of all my culinary adventures. 
I love cooking and meanwhile will take on any culinary challenge, things didn’t start off that way believe me. When I moved to Germany 31 years ago my culinary repertoire included one dish, vegetarian tuna lasagne! In a land of carnivores not a great start, especially as Germans (while tucking into trifle, fish and chips and apple crumble) will tell you how crap British food is. Sorry to say I still find Sauerkraut, Bratwurst and Pigs ankles not exactly Michelin either but each to his own! What really makes me laugh is the reaction I get when talking about haggis, lots of turned up noses and yucks and that from people who eat ''blood sausage'' (Blutwurst), Pigs stomach (Saumagen) and lots of different parts of animals stuffed into the bowels/intestines of pigs. My Scottish friend fainted when he was given half of a pigs head on his plate at a Munich beer garden ......... a great honour in Munich. 
Food for thought indeed. To finish, a photo of my salmon terrine, the proof of the pudding, yes, a Brit that can cook. 





Comments

Popular Posts