Ray of Light

After a looonggg period of grey in grey today the sun shone on my easel and on my last man standing for 2020! An autumnal view, with the last leaves hanging on the branches.  and the usual problems I have when the sun shines (not very often here in the north!) 



What with the onset of the Christmas period my pastels will be taking a break, sketching will still be happening! Got to finish the Twelve Days of Christmas, bet you can’t wait (neither can I all those birds!). 
Today we’re back into lockdown, my mum would be proud of me; she who always started Christmas shopping in January would be amazed at how organised I am. I managed to get everything bought, wrapped and finished before we suddenly ended up with nothing open, feeling totally smarmy and smug. As they say pride comes before a fall so no doubt something is bound to go wrong. 



Here’s a wee peek at my reference, lots of lovely negative space that I can obsess about and a last breath of Autumn. 

Comments

Popular Posts