Seemed Like a Good Idea!

I always love to do a Christmas sketchbook page and I have been toying with the thought of doing the 12 Days of Christmas for a couple of years and then decided to go for it! It seemed like a good idea at the time but having finally started, I realised that for an artist that doesn’t really like drawing figures or animals the 12 Days of Christmas are a disaster! But here we are kicking off with day one and two! 



As in the words of the Christmas song ......

''On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me .... a partridge in a pear tree,
On the second day of Christmas my true love gave to me, two turtle doves
And a partridge in a pear tree!''

Having had some crappy Christmas presents myself over the years (a set of winter tires on aluminium rims comes to mind) I kind of feel for the recipient of the partridge, the pear tree and the doves; the large pigeons in our garden really do poop a lot and their cooing gets on your nerves. We also had a pear tree in the garden and it attracted hundreds of wasps ..... but then again it’s the thought that counts. 
Well it takes all sorts, partridges (I see them in the fields here quite often) are a strange choice but I have heard worse; one gent in my English conversation course bought HIS wife a snow shovel for Christmas and another a kitchen stool so she could sit down while peeling the spuds, in comparison a partridge does show at least a bit of imagination! 

Comments

Popular Posts